MrZebra (zebrataur) wrote,


I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment - yesterday I had my first mains electric shock (230 Volts over here).
I was installing a new light fitting and I was in a rush because I had to go out.  Yep, rushing isn't clever.  I normally turn off both the lighting the sockets, and I normally test the terminals with a screwdriver before touching, but because I was in a hurry I skipped these.  I started splicing into the junction box... neutral ok, earth ok, live - ouch!  It was a junction box for the sockets, not the lights - I'd misidentified it.  Stupid zebra.

That said, it didn't hurt as much as I expected, and I didn't fall off the ladder.   I didn't even swear, although I did let out an "aargh!"  :P
Tags: stupidity

  • Saw Blade Clock

    I had an old and rusted circular saw blade lying around, so I turned it into a clock! The movement was only £2 from eBay, plus one large washer…

  • The White House

    This week has been pretty unbelievable: I was invited to the White House, to meet President Obama. That's right. The White House, the President…

  • Maker Faire 2014

    The Maker Faire 2014 has come to a close. Although undoubtedly very busy, my month of work-like-hell preparations prior to the fair made this the…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.